The Serving Center food pantry is always in need of food and must rely on the community for supplemental food drives. The Serving Center is a partner agency of the Central Texas Food Bank, which serves 250+ food pantries in Central Texas. The Serving Center spent $85,281 at the CTFB in 2016 to purchase 700,000 lbs of food. Because the CTFB does not have enough inventory to meet all of the needs of the Serving Center food pantry to accommodate the number of families being served, your food drive is instrumental in helping many, many families.
Tips to Get Started
• Select your dates. A two-week period works well.
• Select a location to collect the food. The Serving Center loans its food collection barrels.
• Promote your food drive. The Serving Center shares its logo and flyers.
• Collecting cash is easier than collecting food. The Serving Center stretches cash donations by paying $.14 per pound at the CTFB.
• Deliver your food to the Serving Center.
Let us know when you are coming, and we’ll give you a tour of the food pantry.
Most Needed Items to Collect
• Canned vegetables ~ corn and green beans are the most popular
• Canned fruit
• Canned soup
• Top Ramen
• Peanut Butter
• Macaroni ‘n cheese
• Canned meat and tuna
• Pasta ~ spaghetti, macaroni
• Rice and pinto beans
• Toilet paper